Today is the day after my birthday, and because we live outside the big city and already had planned to make the drive in today we figured we would celebrate tonight. Last night we had a nice relaxing day in. It was the perfect lazy Sunday.
Mathieu bought me this board game for my birthday and I’ve loved playing it when spending the evening with our neighbors. We have so much fun with them. I’m excited to have it to host them at our place next!
While we’re out and about I hope to stop at a few antique shops and check out a thrift store or two if we can squeeze it all in there. I’ve actually had my eye on a piece of vintage art for quite awhile now but my husband doesn’t care for it. I literally haven’t stopped thinking about it since I’ve seen it and I’m constantly looking for something similar I can convince him on. So I’m hoping today will be that day!
- This week has been crazy, filled with Christmas decorating and painting. Every year for Christmas I buy the odd thing to build my collection throughout the season but I primarily wait until clearance season comes around. Since a few pieces I bought recently had deals similar or better to what I could of bought during boxing week I picked up a couple things.
This garland I bought for inside our home. I love the relaxed and modern look of eucalyptus and I find that it transitions well from other seasons. So I think these will probably come out during fall of next year. I actually bought the matching wreath at 75% off when the season started. I unfortunately can’t find it online but if you’d like to see how it looks in our home check out my last post!
Our Christmas tree still doesn’t have a tree skirt/drum or a star so this season I’m hoping to either buy one or sew one. I love everything Joanna Gaines has come out with for her Hearth and Hand collection at Target but since Target isn’t exactly attainable for us Canadians I may try and re-create pieces with my sewing machine this year.
- This bookcase believe it or not is from Canadian Tire. They really have stepped up their decor collection and this piece reminds me so much of what Shea from Mcgee and Co. Designed for their office space. The paint color reminds me a lot of Platinum Gray from Benajmin Moore. I think it would be a really cute addition to a baby’s room.
- Speaking of Mcgee and Co. have you checked out their winter catalogue? They have given me some of the best inspiration this year!
- Propertee by Chris Loves Julia recently launched their winter collection and it couldn’t be any cuter! Here’s some of my favorites from this years drop.
- I bought this tee and pullover a couple months ago when they launched and they are some of my favorite pieces to wear while working from home! They really are some of the comfiest pieces I have. And I highly recommend buying them to add to your own collection.
(Feature picture credit: Studio Mcgee)