When we moved into our new home last October my husband and I decided to dedicate one room in our home as my office. It’s been my project to handle the space but life happens and until now it’s been forgotten. I really believe in living in the spaces you have before tackling them right away. Renovations can become expensive quickly and you want to be confident in not only the style you commit to but also spending the money where it’s most important- longevity and functionality.
Now that months have passed, I’ve worked with what I had and thought of the best ways I could optimize my space. I want two workspaces, lots of storage and a space that looks beautiful.
Heres my vision and details as followed. I created this mood board to have a visual idea of what the space could look like and how different colours and textures would compliment eachother.
- Benjamin Moore Titanium. I plan to paint all the walls this colour. I want the room to have some warmth, to feel calm and not be too distracting.
- Ikea Bergshult/Pershult Shelves. I chose these shelves because I want to keep the room to feel fresh and I want to break that up with lots of colour when decorating. The best part, two sets of these will cover the span of the room almost exactly.
- Ikea Galant Filing Cabinet. This is the current filing cabinet I have. It’s great and I plan to use it as one of the sides of the desk i’ll be making.
- ikea Galant Drawer Unit. I got this in the birch veneer option on a serious discount. It came to $200 from the steep $549 it originally was. I’ll be using it on the oposite side when creating the desk space.
- Benjamin Moore Mediterranean Olive. I plan to use this colour to paint both cabinets so they match.
- 180fx Collection by Formica in Calcatta Marble with the IdealEdge option in the Bullnose profile. This is what I plan to get to fit over top of both cabinets to create an opening in the centre for my desktop set-up. It’s a great option to get the look for less since it is laminate.
- Martinique Lounge Chair This chair is strictly there for inspiration purposes. I’d love to integrate that fabric as similar as I can. I currently have a vintage boomerang style MCM chair that I’d like to DIY and re-upholster. I’m hoping that my knowledge with sewing will help me through it. (wish me luck)
- Loloi Rugs in Porcia Pb-07 in Adobe Spice. The dream rug that I will solely be taking inspiration from. I’ve been eyeing it for a very long time for our main floor living space but it’s sadly out of budget and difficult to get in Canada. So I plan to use it as inspiration for the office.
- Space Solutions Portable Office Desk The desk I currently have that will sit in the centre of the room. It dropped to over half it’s price when I scooped it up. It’s one of my favourite Amazon finds.
Phase 2 we will dive into some more details and the current state of the office. Until then subscribe if you’d like to never miss a post.